Blogging @ Ako Hiko
Blogging supports and makes sense of ‘Learn, Create, Share’ for learners in Ako Hiko classes. Ako Hiko learners in 1:1 digital environments have personal blogs as a supported online space to:
- Learn to SHARE as Cybersmart digital citizens
- Utilise the affordances of technology to CONNECT with others to BUILD KNOWLEDGE and SHARE their learning
- CONNECT with whānau and the wider community.
- Blogs are used to ENGAGE and motivate learners through reading and writing for an authentic, real audience.
- Expand learning opportunities beyond the classroom and the hours of the school day.